QCX-mini update

Hans Summers

Hi all

I am excited to provide an update on the QCX-mini project http://qrp-labs.com/qcxmini.html

Again to stress: QCX-mini has the same schematic (almost), firmware, operation and performance as QCX and QCX+. It is just a different physical manifestation. This is not a major R&D effort. It is a pleasant breather. The tasks are limited to mechanical re-engineering and some re-documentation later. So please don't all start yelling at me about what I ought to be spending my time and energy on instead.

To summarize: I laid out a PCB. Two in fact (it's a sandwich). And got some made. I have ordered two sets of components and one set arrived yesterday; the other (the bulk of the R and C, SMD parts from Farnell UK) will arrive in about 1 week. I designed an enclosure and made technical drawings, and my usual enclosure factory has produced a prototype to my specification, which is in the post and will likely get here in about 2 weeks from now.

So far everything fits together very well and at this stage I do not anticipate any major roadblocks.

It's a really beautiful little radio! I am looking forward to hauling myself to a nearby mountain to try it out.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com