Re: Thoughts on Low Power and fewer turns on LP filter toroids

Curt wb8yyy

Phil

the 5 watt outside is specified for higher voltage than 13.8 volts.  okay a few claim more, but I trust the designer's data.

your rigs are working wonderfully 3 watts to 5 watts is a small fraction of one S-unit !  only your power meter knows the difference.

okay to tweak a rig when building - otherwise we may as well order it already built (funny thing, that option is coming!).

all seems well - enjoy its radiations - wow these QCX have wonderful receivers!

73 Curt