From: QRPLabs@groups.io <QRPLabs@groups.io> on behalf of Steven Dick <sbdick@...>
Sent: 07 September 2020 22:02,To: QRPLabs@groups.io <QRPLabs@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] Select Button on Alignment QCX+ 20m

The buttons are all multiplexed on a single line to share a single ATMega328p pin due to pin limitations.  See schematic explanation page 163 of the QCX+ manual.  If you have power on and, on the front panel,  you look at the ungrounded side of R46 (10K), you should see zero volts if nothing is depressed, +5V is the rotary encoder button is depressed, about 4.5 volts if the right button is depressed, and about 3.76 volts if the left button is depressed. You cal also look at the ATMega328p pin 26 for these voltages. There may be a bad solder joint or wrong values or intermixed R44, R45, or R46 resistors. If the voltages all look good, then with power off, do a direct resistance measurement from the ungrounded side of R46 right to the ATMega328, pin  26. It should be zero ohms or you have a bad solder joint or front panel connectors not fully mated.

-Steve K1RF