Re: DDP Express Shipping?

Vernon Matheson

If it's listed at more than $20 CDN it has to go through detailed customes. If under it whistles right through.

So my QCX+ came in at $18 USD value which is more than $20 CDN so I ended up getting a bill for almost $15 CDN from FEDEX for the costs/taxes associated with the detailed customs inspection.

This is the first time ever but I have only ever used the TNT/FEDEX...everything else has been via postal services.

Vernon

On 2020-08-25 14:14, Graham, VE3GTC wrote:
I have had this happen too and not only with FedEx.

Be careful what you are calling this extra charge.  It is probably not "duty" but rather our HST / GST ( ie sales tax ) and quite likely a small handling or service fee for FedEx.

I have found FedEx to be quite reasonable and UPS in my experience has been the worst (most costly)

In order for these taxes to be collected by the seller ( i.e. QRP Labs ), the seller would need to be set up with ( when selling to anyone in Canada ) the Canada Revenue Agency as a business authorized to collect these taxes on their behalf and transfer said collected taxes to the Agency.  All in all, not so simple or easy thing to do for a small business.

I don't think the courier companies are able to do this through the seller but they might be able to; my quick search on the subject was inconclusive.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 2:05 PM craftxbox via groups.io <spam=craftxbox.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, Yesterday I received a bill from Fedex, One month after my package was delivered requiring me to pay for my package from QRP Labs. I was incredibly infurated by this, but realize that this isn't my, or Hans' fault, just Fedex's scummy business practices. Now I'd like to ask, Is it possible for there to be a DDP (Delivery Duty Paid)  Express shipping option added to the store? Atleast for Canada, no such option is available, And it would be very appreciable if it was possible. Thanks.