From: Doug <69chevynova@...>
Date: 2020-08-18 20:07 (GMT-04:00)
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] One more problem U3S WSPR

Vern
I can do that. Do you want me to remove the LPF's??? I would rather not, but I can. The reason is that I made a mistake
when I wired this board. I soldered the stranded wire directly to the printed board. What has happen is as I take this in and out of the case, two wires broke off.
I had to solder the one wire on top of the board. The other hole I could get the solder and the stranded wire out of the hole. I tried solder wick and a solder snuffer....
From now on I am putting pins in any hole I can and then make up a molex plug.... Unless some of you seasoned builders have a good way to clean those holes out.
I say all this Vern because to remove and re-install the LPF's, I think I must again remove the unit from the case and risk another wire breaking loose. But I can do it if you
think you might see something on the board. I will first try to remove the LPF's while still in the case...
Doug