Re: QCX Firmware change request: Validate CAT frequency values. #qcx #firmware #cat

Mike Besemer - WM4B

I use a 3-second poll rate and am able to change frequency on my radios (not my QCX – I don’t need CAT control for it) using the mouse.  You just have wait for the next polling interval for the radio to respond.

From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of Sheldon Hartling
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 1:17 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] QCX Firmware change request: Validate CAT frequency values. #qcx #firmware #cat

Hi Mike,

Now that I (we) have a better understanding of what's happening, I'll try increasing the polling interval to see if it helps.  I also think that until this problem is fixed it may be unreasonable to expect to change VFO frequencies from a logging program.  This will be especially true of logging programs that use a mouse click or mouse wheel to change digits in their VFO displays.  Direct keyboard entry of a new frequency may work.  If the rig is reported offline or unconnected, a quick power off/on will restore the CAT port.  In most cases you can then ask the logging program to retry the comm connection.

Sheldon VE1GPY