Re: QCX Firmware change request: Validate CAT frequency values. #qcx #firmware #cat

Arv Evans

Seems that all that is needed is for the QCX to inhibit keying for out-of-band
frequencies.  This would leave it still able to listen to out-of-band stations.

_._

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 11:04 AM Sheldon Hartling <ve1gpy@...> wrote:
Not sure there is sufficient program space go support this and it varies by location.
For sure about sufficient space!  I've developed firmware and am painfully award of the challenges trying to "shoe horn" additional features into very limited space.

Even a range check that looks for reasonable (course) values for the band without following the specific regional band plan would be a help.  Right now, I threw my QCX into a sputtering fit by entering "70201" instead of "7020" in N1MM+. ☺︎

Sheldon VE1GPY