Re: Change request, add morse characters #qcx #firmware

jjpurdum

Gees...I always thought <BT> was "break thought". The 1929 Navy manual someone posted earlier has:
   AR
at the end of a message. I guess it's a whatever works kind of thing.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 11:03:30 AM EDT, Richard <groups.io@...> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 10:35 AM, Shane Justice wrote:
We used VA as a signal to the receiving station that we were thinking of what to say next, so the operator on the other end would know we were still there (versus silence) while we were composing our thoughts.
Yet another difference.  I was taught that <BT> was used for this, as kind of an "um, ah" thing.