Re: QCX mini: RF output BNC or SMA #poll-notice

namerati@...

I hope the suggestion for including SMA connector pads on the PCB will still stand, even if SMA is not the "official" connector. (As noted previously, the SMA connector pad layout also permits the more-reliable MCX and probably other small-format RF connectors as well)

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 03:14:05PM +0300, Hans Summers wrote:
Hi all

On the topic of BNC vs SMA preference for the QCX mini RF connector... I
closed the poll since it had been open for a few days and I think everyone
had a chance.

Of the 5,136 members of this group, 118 votes were received (2.3% voter
turnout).

Results:

BNC: 90 votes (76%)
SMA: 28 votes (24%)

So. There you go. Democracy. Two mainstream choices, neither of which may
actually represent your views. Only a minority of voters actually bother to
vote. Wow. We might almost be voting for the leadership of our country! Hi
hi. Except that the result would be a lot closer and then we could spend
the next 4 years arguing about it :-)

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

On the proposed QCX-mini, do you prefer a BNC connector like on QCX, or an
SMA connector?

1. BNC
2. SMA

Vote Now <https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/vote?pollid=15715>

Do not reply to this message to vote in the poll. You can vote in polls
only through the group's website.