Re: Difficulty during alignment - RF output #qcx #problem #20m

Ronald Taylor

Good explanation. From this it looks like Q6 is bad and Q1-3 are all good.

Ron

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 04:16 <W5EGA@...> wrote:
Let me see if I can explain this clearly... for reference I will use the same orientation of the board as depicted in the manual.

123    123
 \|/       \|/
Q6      Q1

Q2      Q3
 /|\       /|\
123    123

With regard to Q6 pins left to right:
Pin 1 = 13.5V DC with a drop to 13.4V DC with key down.
Pin 2 = 13.4V DC with a big drop that fluctuates with key down.
Pin 3 = 13.4V DC with a big drop that fluctuates with key down.

With regards to Q1 pins left to right:
Pin 1 = 13.4V DC with big drops that fluctuates with key down.
Pin 2 = 0.0V DC with a jump to 2.5V DC upon key down.
Pin 3 = 0.0V DC with not change upon key down.

With regards to Q2 pins left to right:
Pin 1 = 0.0V DC with not change upon key down.
Pin 2 = 0.0V DC with a jump to 2.5V DC upon key down.
Pin 3 = 13.4V DC with big drops that fluctuates with key down.

With regards to Q3 pins left to right:
Pin 1 = 0.0V DC with not change upon key down.
Pin 2 = 0.0V DC with a jump to 2.5V DC upon key down.
Pin 3 = 13.4V DC with big drops that fluctuates with key down.

I hope i was able to explain this good enough. Please let me know what you think I should try next and THANK YOU for taking time to help me learn and fix this problem!