Re: QCX mini: RF output BNC or SMA #poll-notice

namerati@...

How about MCX? Rated for 500 cycles... I have a DSO Quad pocket oscilloscope that uses them and they're pretty nice for quick setups.

On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 05:49:57PM +0000, Lee wrote:
I too vote RCA. Small, inexpensive, easy to fix if something goes wrong. 'Been using them for RF for nearly 60 years with fine success.
Absolutely not SMA!

-Lee- WA3FIY

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jim Mcilroy via groups.io" <gts53=btinternet.com@groups.io>
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Sent: 8/7/2020 12:05:45 PM
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] QCX mini: RF output BNC or SMA

Used to have a Heathkit 20m rig with an RCA connector. Ran 100W through it. Never had any problems.

An RCA phono would be a good choice also.

I am also a supporter of a BNC with SMA alternative PCB pad but I accept that might be awkward with a case end plate.

73 Jim G4EQX

On 7 Aug 2020, at 15:53, Kees T <windy10605@...> wrote:

Collins Radio thought RCA connectors with the little ceramic insulator inside were great and were 50 ohms......for desktop use only, however. No mechanical stress on the external cables.

73 Kees K5BCQ