Re: QCX mini: RF output BNC or SMA #poll-notice

jmh6@...

Hi All,

I have had long term reliability problems with BNC connectors. So much so that I have converted most stuff to either real screw terminals or simple soldered connections. Clamp type 'screw' terminals seem to have the same problems as BNC over time.

What is needed is a 'gas tight' connection of whatever type.

BNC is great for lab stuff, but when whatever 'should' keep working week in week out, BNC doesn't cut it at least for me.

Lots of fun :).

John

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020, Skip Davis via groups.io wrote:

SMA connectors are nice and cute on small rigs but BNC are far easier to use with fat fingers. Also how many have actually ever made up SMA cables and adapter cables? It?s pretty tough and much harder than BNC. Most people will hang a SMA/BNC adapter off that SMA which defeats the purpose of the choice of the smaller connector.
Just my thoughts on this YMMV.

Skip NC9O