Re: QCX mini: RF output BNC or SMA #poll-notice

George Korper

OK. I am thinking the longer BNC with the threads could be substituted with one that is shorter
and needs no nut and lock washer. Democracy is all about arriving at the best solutions...hee hee.
It may be fractionally cheaper too.

OH let Hans decide, the topic is exhausted.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 12:00 PM ajparent1/KB1GMX <kb1gmx@...> wrote:
Shorter BNC is the same.  How reliable they are for its connection to
the board is unknown as all the systems used a variant that locked
to the chassis. for mechanical support.

I do not see the problem being lifetime in use.  More like user friendliness.
Small connectors are harder to handle both in use (that 5/16th nut on SMA)
and also making cables.

For every socket connector wear out on gear I've had cables fail in use many
many times over and that applies to C, N, BNC, TNC, PL259, SMA, SMB.
Some connectors however provide better support for the cable and generally
SMA [and SMB] do not.

Allison
Please reply on list so we can share.