Re: QCX mini: RF output BNC or SMA #poll-notice

Al Holt

I admit I voted for SMA, mainly on the basis of my experience with those threaded plastic BNC connectors, UGH!
I'm more in favor of a bulkhead mounted connector with a jumper to the board. If the the mini design is going to hold up out in the field, it's better not to depend on a board mounted connector, BNC or SMA.

With SMA connectors able to work into the GHz range, it's no wonder a manufacturer would want to limit the number of reconnections to stay in spec.

--Al
WD4AH