Re: QCX mini: RF output BNC or SMA #poll-notice

Per - LA9XKA

True, but Tyco Electronics also specifies only 50 cycles for their gold plated center pin BNC connectors. https://docs.rs-online.com/616e/0900766b81409ff0.pdf

73 de LA9XKA - Per

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 03:39 PM, Dave wrote:
The SMA is only rated for 50 mate/demate cycles, and that is for the real gold plated versions. Quite a nice connector for applications that call for a very few disconnects, like inside equipment.

There is a reason why the BNC is found on scopes and signal generators, etc.

The TNC is a close relative of the BNC, without the vibration induced connection noise.

Dave

On Aug 6, 2020, at 09:34, Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:

Hi Russ

I have to admit to a preference for BNC.

What kind of issues have they seen?

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 4:28 PM Russ@va3rr via groups.io <va3rr=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
The NanoVNA group has been seeing some issues with SMA connectors.

It's too bad TNC connectors aren't more prevalent in amateur equipment.  I have some LMR cables with TNC connectors and they really are quite robust...