New QCX+ 20/40m builds + PA's #qcx #pa #40m #enclosure #20m

J Ramos <joshramos@...>

Hi all,

At the end of last week I finished building up my 20m and 40m QCX+ kits and 50W PAs for both. The build experience was outstanding. After assembling QCX kits on 20m and 40m in the past, having the extra working PCB space as well as a roomy enclosure was very welcome. All 4 went together without issue aside from missing capacitors in the PA kits which Hans squared away directly.

The only operational thing I noticed was low output power on the QCX+ built for 20m. Taking 2 turns off L1 and L3 with one turn off L2 did the trick. That same technique also fixed the QCX 20m kit I had struggled with off and on for a while. I should have listened to the advice straight away...

Regardless, all perform as expected and make specified power into a dummy load as verified by my oscilloscope. My transmissions copied by a fellow local amateur yielded a pleasant and steady key.

Thanks to Hans for putting together such outstanding kits. I'm looking forward to working some of the QCX QRP and QRO events with my painfully slow Morse code until I can get my copy speed up.

73 de AE0CM
Josh