Re: How about an ultra-portable "QCX mini" version? #qcx

Gwen Patton

A bit here and there. My partner also uses the bench for various things. I'm slowly (way too slowly!) teaching myself more electronics so I can design more and rely on kits less, but that's slow going. I also don't have the energy I used to, as my disabilities are slowly eating away at me over time.

73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:48 PM The Crunchbird <pulsedevil@...> wrote:
Gwen, Sounds like you do a lot of electronics work aside from kit building. I design and build non RF equipment as part of my self employment. I also lay out my own boards using the German Abacom "Sprint Layout" software. The latest version is powerful and so, so very easy to use. While I have built some fairly complex boards using a soldering iron with a super thin tip my favorite method is to build up a board in sections using a heat gun. I cover a finished section with aluminum cooking foil while heating the area next to it. This method works great even for SMD chips with ground pads on their underside. I have used this method for R's and C's as small as 0201 which are only 0.6mm x 0.3mm and I am 69 years old!!! Dave. N2SN ex G4FEB