Re: Clock Kit.

Hans Summers

HI Bill, Ken

My QLG1 GPS doesn't interfere with my QCC operation either.

But RF is black magic. There are a lot of factors. Grounding, SWR, coax common mode currents. Everyone's shack is different and has different problems (to make things interesting).

My suggestion is try disconnecting the LEDs. Particularly the yellow one. It may make all the difference!

Another idea... put a little capacitor in parallel with each LED. That can slow down the sharp edges of the serial data inflicting power line noise due to the switching of the LEDs, and let you keep the LEDs but suppress a bit of noise.

Other than that... lots of capacitors across supply lines. Ferrite is your friend. (At least, whoever you buy ferrite from will be your friend, soon enough).

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020, 05:01 William Fogel <wefogel@...> wrote:
Ken,
I do not know what to tell you, because the GPS is less than 2 feet away from my radio and connected directly to the clock under the radio.  I do not have any interference on any band. I also did not do anything special, other than my unit is not powered from a battery but directly from the wall using a 5 volt/ 2 amp wall wart. Perhaps Hans might have some ideas.

73 Bill AG5SK