Re: Clock Kit.

Hans Summers

Hi Ken, all

Have you, or anyone, tried just disconnecting the QLG1 LEDs? Or fitting a switch to disable them? The problem can easily be that the 9600 baud data is flashing that yellow LED and introducing power supply noise or radiated noise from the wiring etc.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 8:23 PM Dave <VE3GSO@...> wrote:
Sounds to me like we need a GPS ancillary driver which would take a single GPS receiver and make available several, suggest four, identical outputs to drive a QRPLabs clock, U3S, QCX+, and VFO.  OK, maybe six outputs just in case!
Probably would not be a huge seller, but one would find a home in this shack.

Dave

On Jul 24, 2020, at 12:54, KEN G4APB via groups.io <lfoofui.nbz42=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Bill,
do you not suffer interference from the clock/gps combination placed like that?

Unfortunately, I get severe ‘pulsing’ broadband interference from the gps data bursts from mine. I started with a plastic case and have spent considerable time and effort screening, series choke and resistor filtering, ferrite blocking and miles of copper tape, short screened leads and earthing in an attempt to reduce this. I can still hear it on nearby rigs from LF to 2m. The only real ‘cure’ is to place it on the opposite side of my room away from all my rigs.

I have three gps modules feeding U3S kits and they all have similar issues, but providing I only want to transmit say WSPR, and not receive much, it works.

73 Ken G4APB