Re: Clock Kit.

KEN G4APB

Hi Bill,
do you not suffer interference from the clock/gps combination placed like that?

Unfortunately, I get severe ‘pulsing’ broadband interference from the gps data bursts from mine. I started with a plastic case and have spent considerable time and effort screening, series choke and resistor filtering, ferrite blocking and miles of copper tape, short screened leads and earthing in an attempt to reduce this. I can still hear it on nearby rigs from LF to 2m. The only real ‘cure’ is to place it on the opposite side of my room away from all my rigs.

I have three gps modules feeding U3S kits and they all have similar issues, but providing I only want to transmit say WSPR, and not receive much, it works.

73 Ken G4APB