Re: Mean Well OWA-120E-20, power supply for 50W amp #pa

Ben

I was using a RAVPower PD Pioneer 20000mAh powerbank to power the QCX @ 12V. This powerbank can deliver 5, 9, 12, 15 and 20V at 3A. Really neat. I have made a cable with a PD-trigger for 12v and one for 15v, so I can swap them easily. I now also have an Aukey PA-D4 charger that supports the same range of voltages also at 3A. They can even power a KX2 at 12W output with no problem.

I you want to read more about USB-C PD, i recommend this blog from Gwen N3GP: https://www.ng3p.com/2020/05/a-different-power-source-for-field-ham.html

The Meanwell PS is for the QCX 50W PA. Yesterday I made 3 contacts on 40mtr with it (G, EA and OK). The 50W PA was warm, but not too hot. The Meanwell PSU was feeling like room temperature. It was not dropping out, not getting hot and not buzzing along ;-)