50 Watt PA Rev. 2

George Korper

Hi All,
I just assembled a 20 meter Amp and the output is ok.
The unit keys, red light turn on but the receive is very attenuated.
I replaced the two BS 170's, checked all the diodes, checked all the inductors.
I checked all the resistors, because they are from a different supplier.
I cannot see any components are switched.

During assembly as I was soldering I heard a strange gurgling and pop as I was soldering
Q5 so I replaced it.

This is my first rev. 2 kit with new parts in it, and my first problem lately with amps.
Has anyone just built a freshly arrived Amp kit?
Where do I look from here?

Again the Amp seems to be working but the receive is attenuated.

Thanks,
George