Re: What conduit can do it - way OT

Gwen Patton

When I had to run network cabling for work, I got a cheap RC tank from Radio Shack, took off the turret, and used it to tow a string to where the cable had to go. It could roll over the hung ceiling frames and such because it had treads instead of wheels, it was lightweight, radio controlled, and without the turret was only about 5 inches high. Then I'd attach the cable to the string and pull it through.

73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 11:59 AM Bill NF6R <nf6r.bill@...> wrote:
Another way is to tie a small weights (nuts, washers, roll of electrical tape) to a string and throw it across the area.  Don't use anything that you can't afford to lose (car keys, wedding band).  Works well in a drop ceiling.
--

Bill - NF6R
SKCC 20696 NAQCC 9984 LICWC 690 FISTS 19479 CalQRP 78 Flying Pigs 4181