Re: BPF too good? #filter

Jim Painter

It looks like your test jig has two large metal brackets which are very close to the coils. Could they be screwing with the inductance?

Jim...kq3s

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 9:02 AM, Bob Benedict, KD8CGH
<rkayakr@...> wrote:
I built a 20 m BPF. Since I have many to make, I made a holder with SMA connectors and decided to use my recently acquired  NanoVNA for the first time with a filter. Filter analysis shows a center at 14.09 MHz and a 3 db BW of 1.39 MHz, which seems fine. Neither variable cap is at its extreme.
My concern is that the loss looks too low. I'm seeing 0.4 dB S21 loss. The VSWR is also 2. After calibration check with straight through wires scan reads VSWR 1.03, return loss -35 dB and S21 gain -.077 dB.

    KD8CGH