Re: 80 Meter 50 Watt PA

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

Just to add to comments from Ron and Shirley the difference between 40 watts and 50 watts is insignificant. We have to double the power output to gain something a bit more than a half S-unit at the receiving end. Or reduce it by half to lose that small amount at the receiver. The difference between 40 watts and 50 watts will be completely invisible to me when I tune across your signal :) Enjoy.

I am pleased to see these reports. I will now be ordering my own 50 Watt amp and building it for 80 meters:)

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

On 7/6/20 12:38 PM, Ralf Rosche wrote:
Hi all,
i am using my 80m 50w PA since some time now.
I took 50-2 toroids and 470pf and 1200pf silver mica caps.
I tested the low pass with my nano VNA and it works perfect as expected.
Bias adjustment was no problem. Works good out of the box :-)
Regarding the output power, what do you achive?
I took a 19V Notebook power supply and getting about 40watts with 3350mA current drain.
It peeks at 45w at keydown and goes back to 40w.
My QCX is powered with 12V and has 3w rf output.
Is 40w usual or should I optimize my PA?
Ralf