CW

David Wilcox K8WPE

Julian,

If my wife is not downstairs near the shack I leave a rig on in the background (sadly she has excellent hearing and can hear through the floor and through two closed doors. I have a device like TV Ears that I can hook up to a rig and hear CW through my Bluetooth hearing aids). Surprising how well the brain picks out words from a string of even high speed code. If I wasn’t married I would have a CW radio on in the background even upstairs and sometimes do when Bev is out for the day. I am no speed demon but have fun at 12 - 15 WPM and can copy faster if the sender is good.

I also use an Ap called Ham Morse ($5.00) on my iPhone that sends the daily news to my hearing aids from 20 or more daily newspapers. Try it. You can use ear buds and listen to CW at any speed w and w/o Farnsworth from your iPhone any time, any place.

I may have mentioned it but the Morserino 32 is a fantastic learning machine too.

FWIW,

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad