Re: Modify REV 5 Already Built?

Guido PE1NNZ

Hi Scot,

Which leaves me still a bit in the grey area, of if it is possible to modify the Rev 5 QCX to the full spec of your latest SDR firmware/capability without having to physically remove major numbers of components?...
I understand that is likely not switchable, but is it possible without taking out all the un required parts?
So, yes it's possible to modify Rev 5 QCX to the latest QCX-SSB firmware, even if you decide to keep the existing analog phase filters etc. It will automatically detect on startup and recognize there is the analog section; in this case it will keep the signal processing features disabled on the receiver.