Re: How about a QSX

Chuck, N1KGY

Hans,
Your stuff upper lip is world class, as are your kits. :)
I've said it before and I say it now - don't change a thing about QRP Labs. Please.
In context: I just purchased my 7th kit from QRP Labs, owning now 2x U3S w/QLG1 each, a QCX40, and a Progrock (my original U3 having recently been retire by ESD/lightening), and I expect I'll buy at least that many more in coming years.
I've bough and built radio kits from at least a dozen other outfits over the years - NorCal Sierras, Webber Dual-Banders, Fireflys, NoGA Pigs, etc. etc. all the way back to my first Heathkit (HW-12A), and I can honestly say that Hans and his team have proven themselves time and again over this last decade.  Proven designs. Proven quality. Proven dedication - to design new hardware, code software, debug and optimize their products, source and kit them at reasonable cost, and to promote and support these kits with depth, vigor, and genuine love of the radio arts.

Hans, I don't know what your sales ratio is between kits, or how it varies over time, nor how intertwined your supply chain is between products. I do, however, know what the risks are when an organization is pushed to grow, or produce product, beyond its organic capacity to do so -- inevitably either quality or innovation are sacrificed in the push for "MORE". As a professional systems engineer, I have "taken the ride up" with several big tech companies, and I've personally experienced how that "MORE" mentality can derail or even kill a company.
Thus I say, don't change a thing.

Thanks and warmest 73,
Chuck