Re: PA for qcx 40m #qcx40

Darren KN4WML

I haven't heard of that group before, I'll have to go and check it out, when I get home. Thanks for the info...

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 7:56 AM Don VE3IDS <ve3ids.don@...> wrote:
Darren

That's great news. Are you a member of SKCC yet? They are a great group and have a nice sked page to help get started. It is free to join and you will find lots of ops there happy to help you with your first QSOs.

73 Don ve3ids SKCC 15145T

On Mon., Jun. 8, 2020, 7:52 a.m. Darren KN4WML, <darrent78@...> wrote:
Well the good thing is that it's operational. I went to both the RBN & Websdr and both picked up on a signal. On the few that picked up, they were around 500-600 miles away. I'm guessing that's not to bad for being the middle part of the day. I'm just glad I didn't mess this thing up, I'd hat to have to order another one and waiiiiiittttt for it to arrive.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 6:39 AM wb8yyy via groups.io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Darren

Wspr can be difficult to set up, but rbn tends to be easy if your cw is discernable. Your PA circuit could have a bug, even a missimg solder joint. See if your finals even get warm. Very difficult to say, but so far indeed you have zero data on transmit.

Curt