Re: Clock Alarm with Speaker within Case #clock #case #mods

Newman

Happy Saturday.  Our clock, audio amo, and speaker are now operating great.   We can play the chimes based on an alarm setting.

However,  we are experiencing a steady humming in the speaker when power is enabled and the backlight is on.  I read about a "mute circuit" that may block the humming, when the alarm is not playing. Is there a simplified way to implement a muting circuit?  We would welcome any suggestions.

Also,  we are exploring components or other options (I.e. additional resistors) to dampen or decrease the loudness of the Westminster chimes.  Any suggestions for a low-cost way to do this?

Much thanks for the knowledge in this message board.

Chip Collins,
N4CHP