Re: Does it work ?

KEN G4APB

Ah but Reg, if you are running mW levels and your signal is down in the noise and borderline discernible, then a few more mW might make the difference between a contact/spot and none. You are looking at QRO (5W=QRO hihi) signals with guys trying to burn each other’s front ends out. I would bust a gut (and do) to get the max smoke from all my QRP rigs...adds to the fun and physiologically a nats extra power makes you feel like you are running QRO.

best 73 Ken G4APB
stay safe, keep your fingers out of the antenna socket...