50W PA Damaged

Curt M.

Hi guys, I did one of those things this evening that I never thought I’d do. I held down the key to my QCX connected to the 50w amp and noticed that it didn’t want to tune. I saw my power meter drop and realized that I had my antenna switch set for the wrong port. I’m using a bench power supply with the current limit set for 7amps.

So it’s obvious that something happened to the amp but I’m too tired to get involved with it at 2am. Is there any chance that it’s just the final?  Not sure if I should order a couple of replacements which I know I don’t have on hand or just order a new kit. I’m sure someone else out there has done this same thing and I’m wondering what it took to bring it back to life?

Curt M.