Re: A great QCX-QCX contact and salute to youth

Hans Summers

Hi Andy

Hahahah... well I was born in London and had never lived more than 50 miles from my birthplace. Until 2011... then XYL and I suddenly ended up about as far from London and in about as different a culture as you could ever imagine. Neither of us had ever been to Japan before and we didn't know anyone for thousands of miles in any direction. Talk about a leap of faith into the unknown!

Well no country is perfect, everywhere has its good points and bad points, though of course we humans have a great tendency to "the grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome. But I have to say the 5.5 years I spent in Japan were definitely some of the best, most enjoyable, most educational and mind-expanding, really fantastic years of my life. It was a really amazing experience and I am very grateful to have had the opportunity. Japan and the Japanese people will always hold a special place in my heart.

I could go on about this for hours so just stop me now :-)  Suffice it to say - if you get a chance to visit Japan, go for it... and I think generally the whole experience of living in another country is in many ways a really beneficial thing, though dragging one far outside of one's comfort zone!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 8:58 AM Andy Brilleaux [O.B.E. pending] via groups.io <punkbiscuit=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the insight Hans.
Makes me grateful for living in the UK for a change.
And with that, I'll gracefully slide out of this one ;-)