Re: No TX, No RX, no LCD #chat

Arv Evans

"Do not reply to this message to post to the chat. You can participate in chats
only through the group's website."  seems rather restrictive and excludes those
who use an email handler and do not directly log into groups.io.

My guess is that:
  1. The LCD is not being initialized due to a connection error.
  2. Soldering the MCU has an error causing the MCU to stop.
  3. The whole unit is dead!
There are a number of persons on this group who are very knowledgeable and
seem willing to work with you to suggest actions and solutions.  They may, or
may not, be willing to change methods and work via a chat tool.  Usually remote
troubleshooting involves time for testing, comparing, and this involving time zone
offsets.

Arv
_._

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 8:41 AM <yannick.hariga@...> wrote:

A new chat has been created:

Hey all!

After some months I tried getting my QCX ready for 20m. Troubleshooting didn't result any positive solutions. Here, some of the problems:

  • No RF power (TX not working)
  • Nothing to hear (RX not working)
  • After soldering at the ATMEGA (the big one under the LCD), the LCD just has light on but nothing is displayed
I have 13 Volts on all ICs and I do not find the problems!

I would be really glad about some help!

Thanks a lot in advance and 73s!
Yannick, DK1YH/ON1YH

View/Join This Chat

Do not reply to this message to post to the chat. You can participate in chats only through the group's website.