Re: TCXO for the new QCX+? #qcx+

K2DB Paul Mackanos

Yes it would, seeing that I have two spares sitting in the junk box.
Paul K2DB

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 3:22 AM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
Hi Justin, all

General question: if I provided an optional TCXO for QCX+, would that be a popular option?

Benefits:
  • Very close initial frequency without any need to calibrate
  • Very low frequency drift, particularly useful for WSPR
73 Hans G0UPL

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 2:08 AM <freefuel@...> wrote:
Hi Hans,

how much annoyance is it to keep those SMT TCXO tins in mind while laying out a board? a customized footprint would permit two common sizes to be soldered on easy peasy. having a place to mount the part makes it way easier, even if a bodge wire is needed for power.

-Justin N2TOH