Re: QCX antenna

ajparent1/KB1GMX

Even with the end fed half wave wire you still need a ground as you have no coax to
provide the counterpoise.  A length of wire [maybe 20ft] laying stretched out on the
ground should do.  That would be connected to the the QCX RF ground point.

Some will say the wire needs to be a quarter wave but wires are seriously detuned
laying on the ground.

The antenna element still needs to be a half wave or the SWR will be high and the
finals maybe history.

FYI I use the PAR EF-40/20/10 I've had for over 15 years and its my go-to portable
antenna.  Replacing the wire on that one with one cut for 17 and 15M makes for a
light kit and most bands I'd do  portable.  That  plus lengths of 1/8" dacron cord,
and 20ft of coax I"m set anywhere there are trees.

Allison
Please reply on list so we can share.
No direct email, it goes to bit bucket due address harvesting in groups.IO