Re: Retrofit CAT on older QCX (serial #675) #cat

jjpurdum

Bernie:

I'm using the CAT interface, but I'm running it with a Teensy 4.0 because I want to ultimately do a spectrum display for the QCX. I'm using pins 14 and 15 on the T4 (A0 and A1) as they are dedicated serial ports for Serial3. So far, my interface looks like:

Alas, a shelf above my work table decided to give up the ghost and landed on my QCX during a working session, so I French-fried parts of the QCX and the T4 and its display. I guess it's a good thing that it happened while I was upstairs having lunch...at least I didn't have to see my friend die on the table.

I've ordered a new QCX, but continue to work on the code "blind" in the interim.

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 9:17:55 AM EDT, Ham Radio <bernard.murphy@...> wrote:

Looking thru the latest QCX manual, I can not seem to find docs on the CAT pins.  What pins are RX and TX on?
Probably in the manual? Nothing on the schematic.  I assume these are TTL levels and a RS-232 to TTL converter will do the job.

I just flashed the firmware to 1.05.  Attached is a pic of my old QCX with a laser cut case that I made years ago.

Looking at the schematic,  I need to add 2 resistors, 1 diode,  and a header

Has any one done this upgrade?  A pic with the suggested placement of new parts on the older rev board  (and the new CAT header) would be great.

Thank you for reading my post.

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF