From: QRPLabs@groups.io <QRPLabs@groups.io> on behalf of Hans Summers <hans.summers@...>
Sent: 29 April 2020 21:51
To: QRPLabs@groups.io <QRPLabs@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] QCX LPF adjustments

Hi Ian

Yes, you can remove the LCD and power-up, once you are confident everything is working fine. I do this all the time, for making adjustments to the LPF toroid spacing. QCX works fine without the LCD; it only talks at the LCD, it does not check for any answer back. So if the LCD is not present, the firmware doesn't notice or care.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:34 PM ian liston-smith <ian.ls@...> wrote:
Quick question:

Can the display module be removed so the LPF coils can be poked and tweaked for adjustment? Does removing the display module and powering up cause any problems? Will the rig still work so adjustments can be made?

If so it will make spacing/squashing the toroid turns with a cocktail stick for maximum power much easier.

Thanks.

Ian