Re: kit GPS QLG1 #gps

Graham, VE3GTC

thank you everyone for the suggestion gpsd and xgps / cgps.  I have been so fixated on my current use of uCenter that I almost completely forgot about xgps and cgps.

I am quite familiar with these tools and the gpsd daemon as I have used them before. xgps is a good alternative to visualGPS on Linux but uBlox uCenter has a feature which these do not and that is the ability to create a sky view display (see attached as an example) which is a 2D representation which shows average SNR of the received signals over azimuth and elevation. I have found this very useful for testing GNSS antennas as it shows how well your antenna is working.

xgps does produce a sky view but I don't think it is accumulative as the one in uCenter.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 6:48 PM Kevin Zembower via groups.io <kzembower=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 08:26 AM, Graham, VE3GTC wrote:
Now if I could just find a similar program that was native to LINUX ...
With GPSD, did you try 'xgps' or 'cgps'?

-Kevin
KC3KZ