Re: kit GPS QLG1 #gps

Eric KE6US

I've used GPSD for several months on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ with my QLG1 and before that on a 10 year old GPS board adafruit used to sell. It's far more powerful than just a viewer, but you can use it just as a viewer (run gpsmon or cgps) if you want.

It's open source, but used by many commercial GPS product manufacturers like Garmin, etc.  It's written in python. Very well supported. Normally, you can just use gpsd /dev/ttyS0 for a serial connection. Adafruit has a nice installation guide which is simple to follow.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps-hat-for-raspberry-pi/use-gpsd

Eric KE6US

On 4/23/2020 5:26 AM, Graham, VE3GTC wrote:
GPS Visualizer is another good program for viewing and decoding the NMEA output from GNSS receivers

Apparently it will run on Linux using WINE but I haven't tried.

Now if I could just find a similar program that was native to LINUX ...

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:12 PM Erwin - PE3ES - F4VTQ via groups.io <waterwin2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Gilles,

Mine works like a charm since ages.

It needs a good steady power supply. Did you test all three with same supply?

Can you check with the software of ublox? U-center, via UART/Serial connector to com port?

https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/u-center