Re: QCX 40 No Sidetone and output is raspy

Gregg Myers

Hello Mike,

Is is possible you are picking up some RF interference from the higher power output of the Amp? I had a similar bad sounding sidetone and then made sure I cleaned up my rats nest of RF cables and put the DC power cables through a couple of EMI toroids. That cleaned my sidetone right up.

73,
Gregg
w7grm

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 9:17 PM Michael Lloyd <mikell@...> wrote:
:-/ Well, I put the QCX signal into a 50 ohm pass thru terminator then to the scope and the sine wave is gorgeous. 7.020 Mhz, which is exactly the frequency I set. About 2.5W out. No problems at all. I'll hook the amp up tomorrow and take a look at it's sine wave. I don't know what the lack of sidetone is about but I'll keep digging. I'll try another headset too...
NE5U

Mike