Re: Problem with 50W amp..

George Korper

Hi, I don't mind going too far. There was one other thing I learned
in the process. After you snug up the IRF 510 in the heatsink, cut the protruding leads
down before you solder. THEN FOLLOW THE PIN SOLDERING ORDER IN THE MANUAL
THAT HANS RECOMMENDS. RIGHT, CENTER, etc. Don't deviate because the fist pin takes a
long time not necessarily a big iron. With the lead cut down, you can get the heat into the hole and let it blossom around the pin.
If you do that and scrape every transformer lead, tin it, and then  solder, everyone comes out perfect and consistent and is easy.
Since doing the above two things I have made six without incident.