QCX 40 No Sidetone and output is raspy

I finally installed a jack in my QCX so I can could the 50W amp and test it all as a package. All of that worked. Just for grins I turned my FT-891 on to see what the QCX sounded like (transmitting into a dummy load). I was.. how should I say this, horrified at what I heard. I plugged in my headphones and also discovered that there is no sidetone. Just a thump sound. I'm about to take a look at the schematic but I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas.

I think that the QCX was working before I wired in the switching wire for the amplifier. It's been a few months since I finished the kit. I am not sure I didn't screw up one of the IC's. We'll see.
NE5U

Mike