Re: 50 watt Amp IRF 510 Failure

Hans Summers

Hi George

Seeing continuity is correct. But, the "any" in the sentence is superfluous, I will have to get that corrected.

"Now cut, prepare, and solder the wire in the bottom left hole, nearest to Q1. Check for continuity with the DVM, from the middle pin of transistor Q1, to the right hand side of capacitor C7. You should see any continuity here. "

Should read:

"Now cut, prepare, and solder the wire in the bottom left hole, nearest to Q1. Check for continuity with the DVM, from the middle pin of transistor Q1, to the right hand side of capacitor C7. You should see continuity here. "

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 7:45 AM George Korper <georgekorper@...> wrote:
I have continuity in that test step on page 17 between Q1 and right side of C7. If it should be no continuity, what's up? I removed the transformer and it is not shorted and I black marked the appropriate wires. The manual needs editing for clarity in that step in my opinion.
 I won't proceed, as I  have made a working amp which works but is not capable of practical use on 20 meters.

On this second attempt I exactly followed the manual and am stuck here. So I will wait to hear from Hans.
No sense struggling. I do feel bad abou

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020, 9:41 PM Paul AI4EE <nadie1943@...> wrote:

Open circuit.

On 3/7/2020 6:53 PM, George Korper wrote:
The sentence: "You should see any continuity here."
What does that mean?