Re: 50 watt Amp IRF 510 Failure

Ronald Taylor

George, I was looking at the final schematic when I made the last comment. If at the point you are at you still have wires remaining on T1 to be connected there may not be continuity at that step but it will come when all the wires are soldered. You best wait for Hams to clarify. 73... Ron

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 21:58 Ronald Taylor via Groups.Io <wa7gil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
George, at that step you should see continuity between the middle pin of Q1 and the right hand side of C7. Both Q1 and Q2 middle pins (drains) should have continuity to the right hand side of C7 If T2 is wound and installed correctly.

Ron

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 21:45 George Korper <georgekorper@...> wrote:
I have continuity in that test step on page 17 between Q1 and right side of C7. If it should be no continuity, what's up? I removed the transformer and it is not shorted and I black marked the appropriate wires. The manual needs editing for clarity in that step in my opinion.
 I won't proceed, as I  have made a working amp which works but is not capable of practical use on 20 meters.

On this second attempt I exactly followed the manual and am stuck here. So I will wait to hear from Hans.
No sense struggling. I do feel bad abou

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020, 9:41 PM Paul AI4EE <nadie1943@...> wrote:

Open circuit.

On 3/7/2020 6:53 PM, George Korper wrote:
The sentence: "You should see any continuity here."
What does that mean?