Re: hot glue toroids

Clive Lorton

Matt,
When I worked for a uk company manufacturing wireless microphone systems used in both broadcast and London's West End we always used hot glue to stabilise inductors.
Why? It's easily re-workable and it can withstand being thrown around a stage hidden in an actors costume
That was VHF and UHF systems but I have used it at HF without problem :-)

73 Clive G8POC

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 12:06, Matthew Halsey via Groups.Io <rftb_cowboy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
While doing some diagnostics on my QCX-40, I noticed that several, if not all, the toroids are really only held in place by the very thin magnet wire soldered to the board.
I think I have heard somewhere of folks hot gluing toroids in place to add stability.
Am I correct?
Any special considerations that I need to bear in mind if I do this?

Matt
KC3OIV