Re: QCX 40 NO POWER OUTPUT #problem #40m #qcx40

Alan G4ZFQ

With the Fluke, after keying up without using the on board first, the voltage stayed steady at 1.7, but if I checked it with the on board, it would read 0 just the same after keying.
Greg,

That appears to suggest the on board meter is wrong, maybe a bad soldered joint.

others were wildly off. Particularly IC7, 8, 9, and 10.
? You mean pins 5, 6, 7?
If so this is not possible, you say pin 1, 2, 3 are correct, look at the schematic, that section of the IC is fed from pin 7.

Then the LCD is off oddly, but still works fine.
I'm not sure, 2 of those connections are not used. Recheck, check soldering.

There is no RF at Q1, Q2, or Q3.
Check voltages on Q1, 2, 3, 6, RX and TX.

Is the radio dead?
Does the RX work? Have you gone through the alignment?

Do I need to scrap it and buy/build another one? (I don't mind, I love building these things.)
I'm sometimes a little upset if something I've built works with no problems! Part of the fun is finding the faults and learning in the process.
Nothing you can build is beyond repair.

One thing that many find is bad soldered joints, go over any that might look bad.