Re: U4B Flight Testing has begun

Graham, VE3GTC

Very cool Dave - go go gadget U4B VE3OCL!

I was just reading that a British Airways flight from New York to London set a subsonic cross Atlantic flight  time due to a very strong jet stream associated with a recent storm in Europe  - under five hours but I don't recall the exact time.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 8:34 PM VE3KCL <airdry@...> wrote:
A stripped down version of the U4B is now in the air currently flying at over 100 knots mid Atlantic.
In the coming months I should be launching various setups of the U4B balloon transmitter to check out any potential snags while utilizing more and more features of the Hans Summers STM32 creation.
Winds are good this time of year but the solar radiation is pretty poor up north.
This version is transmitting at minute 4 and minute 6 every 10 minutes on wspr on 10.140120 MHZ on channel 31 under call VE3OCL
More information here : http://qrp-labs.com/flights/u4b1.html

73 Dave VE3KCL