Re: QCX Modification Suggested In 50w Amp Assembly Instructions

Hans Summers

Hi the other Curt

No, that was a different mod. Tje pin 13-14 mod is a new one that prevents a brief keying of the transmitter on switch-on.

The mod is harmless on any QCX, whether used with a 50W amp or not.

It probably isn't even important when you have a 50W amp. I used my QCX-40 with 50W amp for 6 months and over 500 QSOs before I had a problem with it... and then only because I switched on and off quickly. Some kind of power supply glitch. So it's a pretty non-critical kind of a mod, but useful to give you a little extra peace of mind if you believe in 3 belts and 3 sets of braces.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020, 17:56 wb8yyy via Groups.Io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Many of us did this mod on our qcx early versions just to get it to power on properly. All should be well.

I guess I need to start building my 50w amp.

The other Curt M