Old hands, tiny screws, and a lack of patience

KI7MWA

How many times have I lost one of those tiny screws while trying to get them started in their tiny holes?  How do you do it?

My method is to jam the end of a wood stick into the slot.  I have a pack of cotton swabs on 6" long wooden sticks, for cleaning pcbs, &c.  On the really small screws I have to carve the end of the stick down a bit to fit into the slot.  Carve it down, jam the screw on, and voila, you have a 6" long handle on your screw.  Works best with other than flat-blade type screws.